yasco is yet another source code obfuscator.
The project’s former name was Yaso (yet another script obfuscator) but since that name was already taken on Google Code, I decided to rename it.
It is entirely written in Perl and makes use of the
Parse::Yapp CPAN module by Francois Desarmenien to generate the parser.
yasco is currently hosted on Google Code.
You can check out the current trunk from:
What it can do
- perform a syntax check on your code
- strip comments from your code
- minimize your code by shortening variable names
- minimize your code by shortening function names
- substitute string literals into an encrypted string table
- make “hashes” unreadable
What it cannot do
- Make your code unreadable. *
eval() which anyone can substitute to
document.write() and output the code. Still only in one line, but that’s why I invented the
-C option. ;-)